Michael Seaver / The Case of the Elusive EMR: Discovering the Truth
Presented by: Michael Seaver, RN
Thursday, June 7, 2018 Noon EDT / 11 AM CDT / 10 AM MDT / 9 AM PDT
1.5 CEU Credit Hours
The use of Electronic Health Record systems has changed the way that the delivery of healthcare is documented and it has had a significant impact on the way Legal Nurse Consultants conduct their work. Using real-life examples, this course will provide the attendees with a practical understanding of those systems and their relevance to the work of the Legal Nurse Consultant.
After attending this webinar you will be able to:
1. Identify 4 key elements when requesting and evaluating an electronic medical record and audit trail.
2. Describe the difference between records and reports.
3. Define 3 key terms or acronyms used in electronic medical record systems.
4. Compare and contrast logistics of information entry and retrieval in electronic versus paper systems.
5. Analyze at least three specific issues to be considered by legal nurse consultants in reviewing electronic medical records.
About Michael Seaver
Michael Seaver has over 15 years of clinical experience in a wide variety of clinical environments including acute care inpatient and outpatient departments, emergency and urgent care settings, physician practices and clinics. He also has over 14 years of in-depth experience leading technical and clinical teams involved in designing, building, testing, training, implementing, trouble-shooting, and optimizing Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems. Over the past 7 years, he has consulted on numerous medical-legal cases where his expertise has assisted both plaintiff and defense attorneys by analyzing medical records and reports and answering questions and/or concerns related to various aspects of health information technology and electronic medical record systems.
WVUOV-AALNC Members purchase $15
Non WVUOV-AALNC Non Members purchase $25
**CLICK HERE to JOIN WVUOV-AALNC** Apply for membership now, enjoy valuable benefits & savings. Be sure to come back to register for the webinar you’ll save $10 today!